*Full details of the manufacturer’s limited warranty offered on a specific product are available on each product web page in the form of a warranty certificate. To view the warranty certificate for a specific product, click on that product's page, and then click on the warranty link in the grey bar under the product image. The following answers to questions are summaries and do not take the place of the terms and conditions contained in the warranty certificate for each Amana® brand product.
Which Amana brand products are covered by limited warranties?
A limited warranty is offered on all Amana brand residential products.
What type of installations does the limited warranty apply to?
The limited warranty applies to heating and air conditioning units installed in owner-occupied residences. Different warranties apply to units installed in residences not occupied by the owner and in commercial properties.
How can I register my Amana brand equipment?
You can register through our
online product registration system.
Is online registration required to receive the limited warranty coverage?
Registration is not required to receive warranty coverage, but registration may entitle the owner to additional rights and remedies. (Please note that residents of California and Quebec do not need to register the product in order to get all of the rights and remedies of registered owners under the limited warranty).
What are the benefits of registration?
Registration entitles the owner of the unit to additional rights and remedies where applicable. For example:
- Select higher efficiency Amana brand air conditioners and heat pumps offer Lifetime Compressor Limited Warranty to the original, registered owner. If the original registered owner should have a compressor failure, we will replace the unit with a comparable Amana brand air conditioner or heat pump.
- Select higher efficiency Amana brand furnaces offer a Lifetime Heat Exchanger Limited Warranty to the original, registered owner. If the original, registered owner should have a heat exchanger failure, we will replace the unit with a comparable Amana brand gas furnace.
What information do I need to register?
Online registration requires the following information:
- Homeowner name, address, telephone number, and email address
- Installation date
- Serial numbers of all Amana brand products and systems installed
How quickly does registration need to occur?
Online registration must be completed within 60 days of the installation date. The installation date is defined as:
- For units installed in a newly constructed residence, the installation date is the date the owner purchases the residence from the builder.
- For units installed in existing residences, the installation date is the date that the unit is originally installed.
Can equipment be registered more than 60 days after the installation date or closing date in the case of a newly constructed home?
No, you must register your equipment within 60 days of the installation date (or closing date) to receive the additional rights and remedies available with registration.
What conditions does the limited warranty cover?
Amana brand limited warranties cover defects in materials and workmanship that appear under normal use and maintenance.
What will you do to correct problems?
We will furnish a replacement part, without charge for the part only, to replace any part that is found to be defective due to workmanship or materials under normal use and maintenance.
What units does the limited warranty not cover?
The limited warranty does not apply to:
- Units that are ordered over the Internet, by telephone, or by other electronic means unless the unit is installed by a dealer adhering to all applicable federal, state, and local codes, policies, and licensing requirements.
- Units that are installed outside the United States, its territories, or Canada.
- Units that are operated in incomplete structures.
- Units that are installed in buildings other than owner-occupied residences, such as non-residential buildings or residences not occupied by the owner. Different warranties apply to such units and may be found in the warranty certificate available on each product web page.
What problems does the limited warranty not cover?
- Damage or repairs required as a consequence of faulty installation or application.
- Damage as a result of floods, fires, winds, lightning, accidents, corrosive atmosphere, or other conditions beyond the control of the manufacturer.
- Damage or the need for repairs arising from the use of components or accessories not compatible with this unit.
- Normal maintenance as described in the installation and operating manual, such as cleaning of the coils, filter cleaning and/or replacement, and lubrication.
- Parts or accessories not supplied or designated by the manufacturer.
- Damage or the need for repairs resulting from any improper use, maintenance, operation, or servicing.
- Damage or failure of the unit to start due to interruption in electrical service or inadequate electrical service.
- Any damage caused by frozen or broken water pipes in the event of equipment failure.
- Changes in the appearance of the unit that do not affect its performance.
- Replacement of fuses and replacement or resetting of circuit breakers.
- Damage or the need for repairs resulting from the use of unapproved refrigerant types or used or recycled refrigerant.
What products are eligible for the Asure℠ Extended Service program?
All Amana brand products are eligible for the purchase of an extended service plan through Asure Extended Service Plans. This will result in an additional cost to the homeowner.
Are there options for labor coverage in terms of a limited warranty or extended service plan?
Labor, freight, or any other costs associated with the service, repair, or operation of the unit are not covered by the limited warranty.
There are labor coverage options available through Asure Extended Service Plans. An overview of Asure Extended Service Plans can be found here.
What is the difference between limited warranty coverage and an extended service plan?
Generally, limited warranty coverage provides replacement parts should a failure occur on a product and all of the warranty terms are met.
An extended service plan is purchased in addition to the unit. Depending on the plan selected by the homeowner, labor charges associated with replacing a standard part can be covered by the plan.
After I have registered online, do I have to use the installing dealer in order to receive the limited warranty coverage?
No, you are free to use any licensed contractor to maintain your system and perform work in accordance with the limited warranty.
How can I check if my Amana brand products have limited warranty coverage?
Online confirmation of coverage is available using our
warranty look-up tool
Who can be contacted to answers questions about the limited warranty?
For further information about your warranty, claims, or other warranty-related matters, contact Consumer Affairs at (877) 254-4729 or by mail to 7401 Security Way, Houston, Texas 77040